Newly Arranged Wurlitzer Band Organ Style 165 Rolls
Roll 6859 (Arranged by Andrew Park)
1. America Forever (E. T. Paull) March
2. I Don’t Care (Harry O. Sutton) Fox Trot
3. A Banda (Chico Buarque) Bossa Nova
4. By The Light Of The Silvery Moon (Gus Edwards) Fox Trot
5. Who’s Afraid Of The Big Bad Wolf (Frank Churchill) Fox Trot
6. España (Op. 236) (Emile Waldteufel) Waltz
7. The Night Has A Thousand Eyes (Weisman, Wayne & Garrett) Fox Trot
8. Brand New Key "The Rollerskate Song" (Melanie Safka) Fox Trot
9. You Ought To Be In Pictures (Dana Suesse) Fox Trot
10. Blue Tango (Leroy Anderson) Tango
Roll Number 6858 (Arranged by Mikey Mills)
1. The Midnight Fire Alarm (Harry Lincoln) March
2. Homeland (Harry Lincoln) Waltz
3. The Burning of Rome (E. T. Paull) March
4. Fascination (Henry Lodge) Waltz
5. The Honeymoon March (George Rosey) March
6. Dove of Peace (Harry Lincoln) Waltz
7. The Homecoming (E. T. Paull (March)
8. Vacation (Harry Lincoln) Waltz
9. Napoleon's Last Charge (E. T. Paull) March
10. Geraldine (Henry Loddge) Waltz
These rolls (6858, 6863) are available directly from the arranger, Mikey Mills, 204 Ridgepointe Drive, Cold Spring, KY 41076; MikeyMillsjr@yahoo.com. $85 plus $6 shipping in USA.
The above rolls are available from Glenn Thomas, 165 Kildee Rd., Belle Mead, NJ 08502; email@example.com
All proceeds after expenses go to the arrangers. Get great music for your 165 scale instrument while supporting and encouraging these talented young arrangers. Don't delay. Only about 16 copies of each roll are produced, and when the run is sold out, an additional run is unlikely. The rolls are perforated by Play-Rite Music, Turlock, CA.
This endeavor and website produced by Glenn Thomas, 165 Kildee Rd., Belle Mead, NJ. firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright Glenn Thomas, 2015. All rights reserved.
Price: $85 each ($50 for 6518) plus media mail packing and shipping ($6 each roll in the USA). Click on the audio links to hear complete, sample tunes from these rolls.
1. The Midnight Fire Alarm
5.. Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf
7. The Night Has a Thousand Eyes
Roll No. 6518 - Grand March Medley
1. General Grant's Grand March
2. Clayton's Grand March
3. Grand March of the Marines
This previously unknown and newly discovered roll is the length of a 5-piece roll, and was issued by Wurlitzer in about 1920. It is also listed in their catalog as roll 6549.
In the late teens and 20's, Wurlitzer issued some specialty rolls with different lengths. This complete, only known example was recently found in a collection of original roll scraps that belonged with the Ross Davis, Lincoln Park 165 organ #3629. The roll was in very poor condition, and required considerable repair to allow recutting. The result is remarkable, The roll is a medley, meaning there are no numbered stops and coin trip holes between tunes. Instead, Wurlitzer added a recognizable bridge or vamp between tunes, identifying the separation. The tunes have unusually creative registration, with frequent changes, and use of interesting register combinations.
This rare roll has only 16 copies available and is priced at $50 plus $6 shipping. Order direct from Glenn Thomas.
Roll No. 6860 (Arranged by Mikey Mills)
1. Schneidige Truppe (Op. 17) (Julius Lehnhardt) March
2. Creole Bells (J. Bodewalt Lampe) Fox Trot
3. The Oceana Roll (Lucien Denni) Fox Trot
4. On, Wisconsin (William T. Purdy) March
5. Anvil Chorus (From the opera, Il Trovatore by G. Verdi) Operatic Narch
6. Aunt Hagar's Blues (W. C. Handy) Blues
7. I Ain't Gonna Give Nobody None of My Jelly Roll (Williams and Williams) Fox Trot
8. Big Bear Stomp (Lu Watters) Fox Trot
9. My Little Girl (Douglas and McGraw) One Step
10, Black Hawk Waltz (Mar E. Walsh) Waltz
Roll No. 6861 (Arranged by Andy Park)
1. Punchinello (William Rimmer) March
2. Puttin' On The Ritz (Irving Berlin) Fox Trot
3. Take Good Care of My Baby (Carole King) Fox Trot
4. Under the Bridges of Paris (Vincent Scotto) Fox Trot
5. St. Louis Blues March (W. C. Handy) March / Blues
6. Aba Daba Honeymoon (Fields and Donovan) One Step
7. One Fine Day (Carole King) Fox Trot
8. Dream Train (Billy Baskette) Fox Trot
9. Piffle Rag (Gladys Yelvington) Ragtimr
10. Valse Septembre (Felix Godin) Waltz
Recut of Newly Discovered Original Wurlitzer 165 Roll
Some copies of other recently released rolls are still available. See below.
Roll 6862, arranged by Andy Park, is a special limited edition, request roll commissioned by a connoisseur of great period music. Each of the 11 full-length tunes are arranged in a combination of Wurlitzer's authentic period style but as played by the band requested by the initiator. For example, Bei Mir Bist Du Schon, a terrific big-band era tune, as made famous by the Andrews Sisters. Pink Elephants emulates the recording from the early 1930's by George Olsen and his music. The Riff Song is based upon Don Voorhees original version, and so on.....
Roll 6863, arranged by Mikey Mills, is a special Wurlitzer 165 centennial roll, as every tune is from 1914, the first year of production for the Wurlitzer 165 band organ. Label / tune list at bottom of page. Order direct from Mikey Mills.
7. All I Do Is Dream of You
Interested in Wurlitzer Style 150 Band Organ Rolls?
Click this link
Rolls 6864 and 6865 are variety "carousel rolls" with 10 mostly recognizable tunes chosen by Matthew Caulfield, Glenn Thomas, arranger Andy Park, and by you! Each is outstanding and in the spirit of Wurlitzer's 1920's style. Playing times of 6864 and 6865 are 33 and 29 minutes respectively.
Roll 6866 is a special request tango roll for John and Gloria Malone. This roll will surprise you with its gallantry! Playing time 26 minutes.
All are $85 plus $6 shipping each from Glenn Thomas, 165 Kildee Rd., Belle Mead, NJ 08502; email@example.com. Paypal and checks accepted.
This roll, 6614 is a recreation of the lost original by Mikey Mills. The only known original copy was in the Ross Davis California collection, but disappeared sometime before 1965. The box was saved, and a copy of the original label is on one side of the box furnished with your roll. Arranger Mikey Mills has carefully studied Wurlitzer's period styles, and this roll is a reconstructed version of what Wurlitzer's arrangement probably sounded like. This is an outstanding roll! Playing time 26 minutes. Price $85 plus $6 shipping from Mikey Mills, 204 Ridgepointe Drive, Cold Spring, KY 41076; MikeyMillsjr@yahoo.com.
This space reserved for more Wurlitzer 165 rolls coming soon!